Menezes' practice is focused on national and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and private equity transactions. He has represented clients in connection with very significant M&A and venture capital deals involving Brazilian and foreign companies and funds in a wide variety of industries, including internet, cosmetic, e-commerce, consumer, healthcare, technology, telecom, energy and general industries. He also helps clients structuring their funds.
Rodrigo is visiting Professor in several universities such as FGV – Fundação Getúlio Vargas and INSPER, teaching legal aspects of venture capital and private equity investments for the graduation and post-graduation degrees. He is also panelist in several conferences and seminars discussing the legal aspects of venture capital and private equity investments, from distinct schools and associations such as FIU - Florida International University (Americas Venture Capital Conference), USP, ABVCAP (Brazilian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association), Anjos do Brasil, Finep and Endeavor.
He is author and contributor of several articles. The most recent are the following: Multijurisdictional Guide 2012 - Venture Capital Chapter for Brazil, published by Practical Law Company (the “PLC Handbook”). Multijurisdictional Guide 2012 – Private Equity Chapter for Brazil, published by Practical Law Company. Q&A Private Equity Handbook 2011 - Venture Capital Chapter for Brazil, published by Practical Law Company. He also author of several articles published at Capital Aberto, where the firm publishes bimonthly artciles focused on entrepreneurship and venture capital.
He is also board member of Anjos do Brasil (www.anjosdobrasil.net), the largest national angels association, member of the venture/seed capital and entrepreneurship committee of ABVCAP (Brazilian venture Capital Association), an enthusiastic mentor of Endeavor (www.endeavor.org) helping entrepreneurs in Brazil, and member of the Board Advisory Network of NESsT (www.nesst.org).
- Representing foreign and local VCs in various investments in Brazilian based companies.
- Representing private equity funds and fortune 500 companies in the acquisition of Brazilian companies, from different types of industry, in deals involving up to US$400 million.
- Advising entrepreneurs in connections with VC/PE investments in Brazil.
- Working with a diversified industrial group on its corporate and debt restructuring.
- Representing Brazilian “angels” that are investing in internet/tech companies in early stage.
- Advising a Brazil-based cosmetics company on its initial public offering.
- Advising the first national Brazil-based GSM telecommunications company in drafting and negotiating contracts valued at more than US$500 million.
- Representing investment funds (VCs/PEs) in several investments in Brazil.
OAB/SP e OAB/RJ
- LL.B • Universidade Cândido Mendes • 1999
- LL.M • Instituto de Empresa Madrid • 2006
- Venture Capital Executive Program • University of Berkeley USA • 2011
Portuguese • Spanish • English
- Corruption and Fraud
- Corporate and Commercial
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Venture Capital / Private Equity