LUCILENE SILVA PRADO
Lucilene Silva Prado is a lawyer, graduated in 1992 from the University of Ribeirão Preto with specializations in Business Law and Tax Law. She has been working with corporate law since 1988, mainly in the tax, commercial and corporate reorganization areas.
She joined Derraik & Menezes Advogados in May 2014 as a partner responsible for Tax, Social Security, Administrative and Environmental Law practices, where she acts in drafting legal opinions, structuring operations and planning, as well as in judicial and administrative tax litigation. Until October 2015, Lucilene was Technical Consultant of the Audit and Risk Management Committee of Natura Cosméticos S.A.
In addition to this activity, she is currently Research Adviser at the Fiscal Studies Center of FGV, Board Member of the Semeia Institute, President of the Fiscal Council of the Natura Institute and Technical Consultant of the Audit and Risk Management Committee of Natura Cosméticos S.A. and Member of the Audit Committee of RAPS.
Worked at Natura Cosméticos S.A for 14 years, being responsible for all legal matters of the Natura Group in Brazil and abroad as Statutory Director.
She was Director of the Brazilian Association of Direct Selling Companies - ABEVD and Director of the Perfumery and Toilet Industry Trade Union of the State of São Paulo - SIPATESP, President of the Fiscal Council of the Natura Institute and member of the Fiscal Council of the Brazilian Industry Association of Personal Hygiene, Perfumery and Cosmetics - ABIHPEC.
She was a member of the Board of the Business Movement for the Economic Development of Women (+ Mulher360), the Ethos Platform Guidance Board and the Transparency Board of the Tax Studies Center of the Getúlio Vargas Foundation - NEF / FGV.
In the tax area, she has experience in all taxes (direct and indirect), in planning of structures and in administrative and judicial litigation.
Always acting in the strategic disciplines, highlighting:
- Implementation of Natura 's corporate governance process, public offering in 2004 and follow on in 2009.
- Responsible for the tax management of the Natura Group over 14 years that allowed significant reduction of the consolidated tax burden (Brazil and Exterior) as well as success in relevant tax litigation.
- Relevant performance in foreign trade issues, especially fiscal incentives management.
- Responsible for planning the protection of the legal status of the direct sales model in Brazil (tax, social security and labor aspects).
- Responsible for several greenfield projects as responsible for all legal and institutional aspects.
- Great experience in inheritance and patrimonial planning.
- LL.B • Universidade de Ribeirão Preto • 1992
Portuguese • English
- Intellectual Property
- Pension Law