LIANA GORBERG VALDETARO
Partner, with more than 20 years of experience in strategic litigation and resolution of civil and corporate disputes.
Ms. Valdetaro has participated in the most varied complex disputes throughout her career, and has experience in domestic and international arbitration.
She is an expert in extrajudicial methods of dispute resolution in Brazil and abroad, notably negotiation and mediation, and a certified mediator.
- Practiced in the litigation department of the law firm Wald Associados Advogados from 2000 to 2013, where she handled corporate disputes in the telecommunications sector, between banks and private pension entities, in a liability suit involving an administrator and a manager of investment funds, and in public civil actions against public utility concessionaires. Ms. Valdetaro has also acted in winding-up of companies and in lawsuits involving companies in the health, tourism, and construction industries.
- She is currently a member of the Mediation Committee of the Brazilian Bar Association – Rio de Janeiro Chapter (OAB/RJ), a coordinator of the Civil Area of Instituto Mediare, a member of the mediators’ panel of Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV/RJ) and of CBMA – Brazilian Center for Mediation and Arbitration, and a mediator before the Business Courts of the Court of Appeals of Rio de Janeiro.
OAB/RJ and OAB/SP
- LL.B • Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro • 1994
- Post-graduate in Economics and Business Law from Fundação Getúlio Vargas - FGV/RJ • 1996
- Certified by ICFML – Portuguese-Speaking Mediators’ Training and Accreditation Institute
- Member of the GEMEP – Study Group for Corporate Mediation of CBAr
Portuguese • English
- Strategic Dispute Resolution
- Negotiation, mediation and arbitration