Gustavo Godoy is specialized in Tax. He focuses his practice on tax consultancy to national and international clients especially on Brazilian direct tax (corporate income taxes, federal taxes on revenues, social contributions etc) and Brazilian Central Bank regulatory issues associated with their operations in Brazil and abroad, and represents taxpayers on proceedings before Brazilian Federal Revenue Office. He also advises clients on tax planning, tax compliance matters, due diligences and corporate restructures issues.
Gustavo’s experience includes several years as direct tax manager in one of the top tier global consulting firms and a significant full-time transactional experience within a prestigious law firm in Milan, Italy.
Gustavo also holds the degree of Bachelor of Accountancy, becoming a Brazilian Chartered Accountant – IFRS Compliant - in 2013.
- Participation in the corporate restructure of a major international company of the steel and telecom industries, focusing on tax and regulatory (Brazilian Central Bank) issues.
- Participation in tax due diligences, representing targets and buyers.
- Review of international clients’ contracts to assure the compliance with Brazilian tax rules.
- Representation of national and international companies in tax litigation regarding administrative proceedings related to corporate and withholding income tax, tax on distribution of goods and services, social insurance contribution, and other matters.
- LL.B • Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro • 2003
- LL.M Tax Law • University of Bologna • 2008
- B.Acy, Accounting • Universidade do Sul de Santa Catarina • 2012
Portuguese • English • Italian
- Conflict Resolution